- The Optical Hardware Elinor series is designed to give exceptional clarity and brightness. The traditional style body has a high quality feel and rugged build with large easy to operate focus wheel and dioptre adjustment. Designed for the outdoors the range are fully waterproof and nitrogen filled to prevent fogging of the optics.
- The 8x magnification is the classic bird watching binocular but is also well suited for nature viewing or as a general purpose model. This model is designed to give high clarity with enlarged objective lenses, wide field of view and a natural well balanced image (true to life colour due to fully multicoated optics).
- High Resolution BAK4 prisms ensure a brighter image throughout the range of magnifications by maximising light transmission. Efficient use of the light gathered is particularly important at high magnifications where images appear darker or for applications were colour identification is essential. The traditional porro prism designed gives higher quality images when compared to roof prism or compact (reverse) porro prism designs in the same price range.
- Long eye relief makes these binoculars ideal for spectacle wearers. It enables users wearing glasses to view the entire field of view as the binocular image is projected further out of the exit pupil. This model features twist eyecups for comfort and durability.
- The quality of the image produced by these binoculars is such that you could use it for applications that would normally require a higher magnification and it compares favourably to binoculars more than double its normal retail price. The Elinor range carry the manufacturers 30 Year guarantee. In order to achieve this guarantee of quality each individual binocular is UK checked and finished and must pass a rigorous optical and physical quality test.